(back to Origami Basics)
Thanks to Joshua Koppel who is the designer of this base for letting me show the diagrams here. With the help of his base I was able to create some nice new models.
Start with a square sheet of paper.
4. This is what you should get. Open up the model again.
7. Repeat step 6 on the lower half.
8. This is what you should get. Turn the model around.
10. Swing the flap over.
12. Swing two flaps over.
15. Swing one flap over.
17. Swing the flap back and turn the model around.
18. Swing one flap to the left.
19. Repeat Steps 14-17 on this side.
21. This is what you should get. Repeat Step 20 on the other three flaps.
23. This is what you should get. Repeat Step 22 on the other three flaps.
24. The finished extended birdbase. You should have the same number of flaps on both sides.
Starting from the extended birdbase you can create the following models: