Jar Jar Binks 2.0
The head of Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars Episode 1. Folded from dark elephant hide with one side painted with white chalk to get the two-colour effect.
The ears came as a kind of gift after I managed to get the eyes right.
It's best to fold the model from two-coloured paper to get the nice colour changes.
Also check out the first version which is easier to fold.
Start with a square sheet of paper. If you are using two-coloured paper, the colour of the skin should be facing down, colour of eyes and inside of ears should be facing up
12. Mountain fold the model in half.
13. Squash fold. Repeat on the other side.
14. Valley fold the flap down as far as possible and flatten the model along the folds shown in close up.
Alternatively you can inside reverse fold the inner flaps along the shown creases and then fold the flap down.
Repeat on the other side.
15. Inside reverse fold the two flaps down to the middle.
16. Sink the top point. This step is not necessary but makes it easier to open the model in the end.
17. Swing the flap back up along existing creases. Repeat on the other side.
27. The finished Jar Jar Binks Head